Gift Cards are one of the most practical and handy gifts to give over the holidays
but why just put them in a card when you can make them
THE cool feature of the card!
Link to Instructional Video
Pop Up Gift Card holder card made with Perfect Layers
Such a sweet image!
Pull the tab and see the surprise inside. What a great way to give a gift card!
Tools and Materials Required for This Project:
Perfect Layers Mini BorderTool Set (MLP100), PerfectTears (PT100) and Perfect Ruler (PR100), Die Cutting Machine, Penny Black SnowflakeTrio, Love & Joy &Tagged Dies, Spellbinders Grand Labels Eleven Die andTonic Christmas Cracker Die. Penny Black Christmas Hugs and Bear Hug stamps. Chameleon Art Pens, BlueViolet, Aqua Marine, Cool Grey, Crimson Red, Hot Cocoa, Fawn, Emerald Green, Bark and Black.White,Turquoise, Purple andTeal card stock,White and Baby Blue & Dark Blue Glitter card stock, Turquoise Gems, Memento LuxeTuxedo Black ink, Glue, double sided removable tape.
1) Die cut sentiments, snowflake sand arrow, make a card blank measuring 6”x 4 -1/8 inch from Turquoise card.
2) Stamp Bear Hugs onto white card with Memento ink and color with Chameleon Pens. Tip:- to create dimension make the outer edges of the image darker than the centre to get a rounded effect. Mount onto Purple card and trim 3/16 using the PerfectLayers Mini Border tool. Mount onto front of card and embellish with sentiment, snowflake and gem.
3) Stamp Christmas Hugs onto a scrap ofWhite card and color with Chameleon Pens, cut around image.Tear mountains into White Glitter Card stock using the PerfectTears Tip: to get a more jagged edge do not wet the edge before tearing. Layer the torn pieces to form a mountain range and glue image into place.
4)To create the gift card holder place gift card on Dark Blue Glitter card with removable tape and using the Mini Border tool, cut a border 1/8 inch around, then repeat the process this time 1/16 inch (take care to only cut this distance all the way round, this will create a frame).
5) Glue frame to White card, draw a line 1/2 inch either side of the bottom edge of the frame using the Mini Border tool, then draw a line across the bottom of the frame to intersect the other lines drawn.Take the Mini Border tool and cut 3/16 inch along the top and sides up to the pencil line. Then cut along the bottom and along the pencil lines. This will create tabs either side of the gift cardholder. Attach the arrow die cut to the top centre of the frame.
6) Die cut Spellbinders Labels Eleven fromTurquoise card and score in the centre and along the sides (1inch from edges), fold along the score lines (mountain centre, valley sides). Place the gift card holder centrally along the middle fold and mark mark edges. Using the Perfect Layers ruler cut a slit along the central fold to the width of the gift card holder already marked. (caution: do not cut to the width of the tabs – the tabs are designed to stop the card holder from being removed completely).
7)Thread gift card holder through the labels die cut and then glue the scalloped sides to either side of the inside of the card. Tip: place 1/8 inch from the centre fold on either side – this makes the gift card holder slide in and out more freely. Adhere mountains, sentiment, snowflakes and gems to the inside popup to complete the card.
See the original Post in Paper Crafts Connection http://www.papercraftsconnection.com/blog/2014/08/guest-blog-post-perfect-paper-crafting/
Share and enjoy!!!