We are doing a different kind of blog hop with our friends Taylored Expressions. Instead of doing a week long hop, we are mixing it up a bit and doing our hop on July 14, 17, 23, 25 and August 11. We are giving away two $50 gift certificates to Taylored Expressions and Perfect Paper Crafting. Make sure you leave a comment on all of the blogs and “Like” on Facebook for you chance to win. Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog so you can be the first to know about upcoming blog hops and great tips for using Perfect Paper Crafting tools!!! Over the next couple of weeks, both design teams will share their creations using products from both companies. Make sure you follow along!! Click here and put Lynn5% for a discount on your order.
I am so excite to share my card I created using our Perfect Layers Mini tools, Perfect Cutting Mat, and Taylored Expressions dies! I just love all of Taylored Expressions products. The quality of their products is AMAZING! Here is my 5″/7″ card I created :
I used our Perfect Layers Mini tools to make the layers on my card.
1. I used the Perfect Layers Mini tool with the 1/16″ side to make the black layer around the Taylored Expressions Chevron Cutting Plate. Our tools take the guess work out of trying to “eyeball” layers!
2. I then used the Perfect Layers Mini tool with the 1/ 8″ side to create the silver and Simple Stories Daily Grind black dotted paper layers.
3. When I die cut the Taylored Expressions Chevron Cutting Plate, I placed re-postionable adhesive on our Perfect Layers Cutting Mat and place the five different colors of card stock in a row so it would match the chevron lines.
4. I then ran the Taylored Expressions Chevron Cutting Plate through my Xyron 5″ Creative Station. This make adhering elements to your projects so much faster!
5. I then place the cut Taylored Expressions Chevron Cutting Plate over the top of the row colored card stock and adhered it down.I love how it turned out!
7. I die cut the Taylored Expressions Pockets & Pages – Instafun with Coordinating Dies. I used silver and gold glitter paper for the flash and view finder on the camera.
8. I cut the cute heart that come with the Taylored Expressions Pockets & Pages – Instafun with Coordinating Dies and popped it up with a pop dot.
9. I used Glossy Accents make the heart shiny. I used is Simple Stories Daily Grind 6×6 paper pad. I really love the colors in this collection.
10. I cut a banner out of the Simple Stories Daily Grind aqua polka dot paper then layered it with a 1/16″ layer using our Perfect Layers Mini tool.
11. I made the 1/16″ layers around the Sizzix banners thinlit dies. I think making and layering banners is one of my favorite techniques using our tools. I think tools make it so simple to give your cards or layouts tons of interest.
12. I then die cut the Taylored Expressiong Pockets & Pages – Circle Words “hello” die and backed it with white card stock.
Our Perfect Cutting Mat is fabulous for many crafting projects. I love the size of our mat!! It is Perfect for card making and matting photos. It is approximately 7″x9″.
The next stop is Taylor Van Bruggen’s blog, the owner and creative director of Taylored Expressions, to see what she has created with our awesome tools and her amazing products!
Don’t forget to leave a comment for your chance to win a $50 gift certificate! Thanks for joining us for this fun blog hop!