Do you ever get crafters block? (It’s a bit like writers block). We often see people seeking advice on how to get the creative juices flowing again, so with this in mind we set the team a task of creating from inspiration all around us. Raechelle took her inspiration from this photo here in Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/95912667038022442/
created by Raechelle Bellus
Patterned paper, die cuts, and stickers: Webster’s Pages, tags: Canvas Corp, card base: Hobby Lobby, spray mist: Tattered Angels, other: buttons, sequins, pearls, crinkle ribbon, and twine
Trim base patterned papers to ¼” less than card. Distress edges and adhere to black patterned paper.
Spray canvas tags with mist and once dry adhere to card.
To create wavy edges: trace along edge of ruler on backside of patterned paper. Cut along lines. Cut to length.
To create ovals: on reverse side of patterned paper, trace ovals and then using the Perfect Ruler, mark 1/8” around several areas. Cut around marked edges.
Add remaining elements to tags for dimension.
What beautiful shabby chic cards, with so much dimension and all from just one photo of a butterfly in nature! What inspires you when you create your cards, let us know in your comments below?
Hi everyone it’s Holly here today with my first post for the Perfect Papercrafting Blog, I had to share this cool Cow’s It Going Scrapbook page that I created using the Perfect Airbrush. We are using photos on our projects this Month and I created a fun card using a photo I took back in the Spring.
I started with a White standard card base and using a stencil and the Perfect AirBrush tool I added some Rusty Hinge and Wild Honey Distress ink to created a background.
Once I had the color saturation I wanted I lifted the stencil and set that aside to dry.
Then using the Perfect Ruler and an xacto knife I trimmed out my photo and a piece of pattern paper.
I stamped and colored a few images from some fun sets from MFT and cut them out.
I assembled the card with some foam adhesive and I added some twine behind the fence to create an embellishment cluster. I stamped the sentiment and added it along the upper right corner of the photo. For a fun pop of Green I added a few Mossy Green. Sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.
Thanks for stopping by today.
The Perfect Airbrush tool
The Perfect Ruler tool
MY Favorite Things – BB Green Pastures, Farm-tastic and BB Whole Heard stamp sets.
MFT Cow Print Stencil
Mossy Green Sequins from Pretty Pink Posh
Wild Honey & Rusty Hinge Distress Markers
Copics: C0, C1, C3, E42, E43 & E89
Doodlebug Fall Friends 6×6 paper
Hello everyone, Raechelle is joining us today with the most beautiful Easter Basket and Card set!
created by Raechelle Bellus
Patterned Paper: Pebbles Inc.Ribbon: Papertrey Ink, Lace: Hobby Lobby, Twine: Trendy Twine, Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts and Michael’s, Pearls: Michael’s, Punch: Martha Stewart, Blank card: Michael’s, Template: rubberstamping.about.com/od/templates
- Print template and lightly adhere to patterned paper.
- Place the Perfect Cutting Mat underneath desired cutting area. Using the Perfect Ruler, trim around all edges of template.
- Using the Perfect Layers Mini 1/16” trim around patterned paper around “V” notches extending lines to allow additional cutting around other edges.
- Using the Perfect Layers Mini 3/8” trim around four long edges that form the top of basket. Punch holes in corner for future attachment.
- Using the Perfect Tears- Perfect Wave Tool- Large Wave Edge create a center handle piece (8” long x approx.. 1.25” wide)
- Adhere this strip onto an 8” strip of patterned paper and using the Perfect Layers Mini 3/16” trim along both sides of wave edge. Adhere ribbon to center of wave edge strip.
- Attach one end of handle to center of one edge of flat basket.
- Add lace trim to this side along with the two touching sides and allow to dry. Once dry, put basket together by knotting the corners with a small piece of twine. Attach remaining edge of handle to remaining side, add lace, and let dry.
- Add one small pearl to back handle of basket and decorate the front with flowers, a bow and punched butterflies.
- Trim a piece of patterned paper to 3.5” x5”. Create a wave edge along the bottom with the Using the Perfect Tears- Perfect Wave Tool- Large Wave Edge. Adhere to card base, top and center. Add a 3.5”x.75” strip of paper directly underneath main patterned paper base.
- Cut a 2.75” square and adhere to coordinating patterned paper. Using the Perfect Layers Mini 1/8” trim around square. Adhere to center of pp base. Add lace and fussy cut flowers.
- Add bunny (I drew her on the back of cardstock, cut out, and then added eyes, a nose and pink cheeks and shading using watercolors to the right side. For the interior of the ears I traced the backside of each ear and then freehand cut them to fit insde). You can use a sticker or chipboard piece if you have one, but making my own piece was simple and took less than five minutes.
- Using foam dots, add bunny to card. Adhere small twine bow and flowers.
- Add sentiment, bow, and pearls to finish off the card.
Wow what a stunning project by Raechelle, this would be the perfect Easter gift, if you have a go at this project please share with us your Easter Baskets on our Facebook page.